The program is set and the musicians are warming up for Festival 2014: ¡OLÉ! IN GEORGETOWN. They’re calling it “A Spanish Fiesta (with a French Twist),” featuring he music of Isaac Albéniz, Manuel de Falla and Enríque Granados with a touch of Claude DeBussy. It’s one of my favorite events in Georgetown, when residents and visitors gather in venues throughout the city to quench their thirst for good times and great music.
- Virginia Dupuy – mezzo soprano
- Dale Dietert – pianist, voice teacher and coach
- SoloDuo, guitarists Matteo Mela and Lorenzo Micheli
- Carol A. Hess – author on the music of Spain and the Americas
- Paul Roberts, piano
- Rebecca Ansel, violin
- Toby Blumenthal, piano
- Hai Zheng, cello,
- Eduard Laurel, piano
- Bruce Cain, baritone,
- A’lante Flamenco Dance Ensemble – flamenco company
- Stefan Sanders, conductor, Music Director and Conductor for the Round Rock Symphony
- Kenneth Sheppard, conductor, professor in the Department of Music at Southwestern University and conductor of the University Chorale.
- Don McManus, organ, is Music Director of Georgetown’s Grace Episcopal Church.
One of the festival highlights every year is the fireworks display following the close of Saturday night’s outdoor performance. This year’s program —Celebración en el parque — is a free performance starting at 8:00 PM at the Gazebo in San Gabriel Park.
For complete details and schedules, visit Georgetown Festival of the Arts today. I look forward to seeing you at the Festival!
Find out more about Georgetown, its attractions, its residents and its home ownership opportunities at www.GeorgetownTXRetirementLifestyle.com. If you are interested in making Georgetown, TX your hometown, contact me, Virginia Lazenby.
Until next time,