Georgetown Real Estate
The Winter Holidays are upon us! Thanksgiving is here marking one of the best time of all in the Georgetown celebrations, parties, and giving with our families, friends, and beloved. Georgetown Texas homes for sale offer a great chance to start the new year in a new home enjoying the wonderful, down to Earth lifestyle of our Georgetown TX neighborhoods.
Georgetown TX Gives Holidays Cozy Hometown Feel
These days it seems the holidays get busier and busier. Just the other day I was talking to a friend who mentioned how much she hated the Christmas season because it has become so commercialized, over-the-top, and each year it seems more and more is expected earlier and earlier.
It is a shame my friend doesn’t actually live in Georgetown, TX, because here there are ample “down home” events to help you slow down and rejoice in thanksgiving for all our blessings. That is one of the many things I love about Georgetown TX. Somehow we have been able to keep a traditional focus on friends, family and neighbors during the holidays, and instead of stressing over getting the latest gadget; all of our Georgetown area holiday volunteer events focus on reinforcing the joy of the Holidays.
Georgetown TX Holiday Celebrations
Lighting of the Square -November 25 at 5:30 p.m.
- Start off the season the right way with a wonderful, traditional breathtaking Christmas Tree lighting. This heartwarming annual event brings out just about everyone in Georgetown to sing carols, mingle, eat, and enjoy a night of homegrown magic. Listen to holiday music and sing along with the Austin Carolers while you warm your tummy with cookies and hot chocolate.
Pictures with Santa-November 25, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- After you’ve kicked off the holiday season by watching the Lighting of the Square, go inside the Courthouse to have your picture taken with Santa!
A Christmas Carol, The Musical-November 18 – December 30
- Charles Dickens’ classic gets the full Broadway treatment in this musical extravaganza! This version leaves New Yorkers and tourists alike gasping in wonder and merriment every year as the story unfolds on the stage at Madison Square Garden. Share your holidays with the Palace and come away enchanted by the “Spirits of the Holidays.”
“T’Was the Night Before Stroll”-December 2, 6 – 9 p.m.
- On this special First Friday, you can bring the family to make a Dessert with Scrooge in Whoo-Ville from 6 – 8 p.m.! Also, Bethlehem Village will be open from 6 – 9 p.m., where you can enjoy hands-on representation of Bethlehem in Jesus’ time. Visit the local toy shop, grain mill, bakery, perfumery, dye shop, coin shop, and stable. Shops will be open until 8 p.m. around the historic downtown Square for an evening of strolling, gallery-hopping, and dining.
Sun City Home Tour-December 2 4pm-7pm, December 3 10am-5pm, December 4 11am-5pm
- The 11th annual Sun City Holiday Home Tour will again feature six professionally decorated homes. Be inspired as you tour these homes ranging from modern to traditional decor. These residents’ homes will feature not only the inspired decor from the professional, but also the owner’s furniture and collectables from around the world. Surely you will leave with ideas for decorating your own home!
Santa Claws & Paws Photos-December 3 & 4, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Santa Claus will be at the Williamson County Animal Shelter! Come by and have your pets picture taken with Santa!!
Blue Santa Toy Drive-December 3, Noon – 8 p.m.
- Make Christmas extra special for a child by donating a toy to Blue Santa during the Christmas Stroll. Sponsored by The City of Georgetown Police Department
30th Annual Christmas Stroll-December 3, Noon – 8 p.m.
- Block by block the Stroll unfolds. Wander downtown and witness how the Square explodes with vitality and Christmas Charm. If you haven’t visited the Stroll before, make this your family Holiday Tradition! Offering foods and fashions, gifts and glitter, music and magic – everything to make the holidays bright. This exciting Christmas extravaganza kicks off the season with specialty gift stores, fashion jewelry, clothing, gourmet foods, decorations and ideas, home accessories and décor, food and wine sampling, arts and crafts, and of course, Santa! Check out the parade at noon then Whoo-ville and Bethlehem Village.
The “Messiah” and a Traditional Holiday Sing-Along-The Temple Symphony Orchestra’s Annual Holiday Concert-December 4 at 4 p.m.
- Enjoy a wonderful holiday concert featuring the TSO, the Temple Symphony Chorale and the San Gabriel Chorale. Let the music of the season put you in the holiday spirit!
Heritage Society Holiday Home Tour-December 10 & 11, noon – 5 p.m.
- Come tour these beautifully restored historic homes in Georgetown. This event invites you to explore the homes and learn about their past while admiring the beautiful holiday decor.
Holiday Magic Concert-December 13 at 6:30 p.m.
- These students will fill your heart with holiday spirit as you sit back and enjoy their talents!
Breakfast with Santa-December 17, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Come to the Georgetown Community Center and have breakfast with Santa and get your picture taken! Proceeds help children and families in need have a happy holiday.
Retire To Georgetown Texas Real Estate
Until next time,