Every year Georgetown TX offers many fun events to celebrate Halloween with your family, friends and neighbors. From fun adult costume parties, dances and charity balls to a children’s parade and trick r’ treating, you can find the perfect event to make for a fun Halloween. As with all events, there are, of course, some simple tips you should follow.
Halloween in Georgetown TX Real Estate
Halloween can be such a fun time for sharing with your children and grandchildren. Watching the “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” and passing out candy to neighborhood friends is what fun family memories are made of.
To really ensure a great night of fun, I have complied a quick list of tips that can be helpful to follow. Please feel free to share this list with anyone anywhere, as these items apply to anyone trick r’ treating.
These general safety tips will make sure your family has a wonderful, fun night trick-or-treating in our Georgetown area communities:
- Swords, knives, and similar costume accessories should be short, soft, and flexible.
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Limit the amount of treats you eat.
- Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you.
- Always test make-up in a small area first. Remove it before bedtime to prevent skin and eye irritation.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Lower your risk for serious eye injury by not wearing decorative contact lenses.
- Only walk on sidewalks or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats unless you know the cook well and an adult has thoroughly inspected.
- Enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult. Otherwise, stay outside.
- Never walk near lit candles or luminaries. Be sure to wear flame-resistant costumes.
Throwing a Party in your Georgetown Texas Neighborhood
Fun party treat ideas include things like individual packs of raisins, trail mix, and pretzels, all of which make great, healthy options to feed your guests. You can also have fun creating themed fruits, vegetables, and cheeses. To help curb some of the energy your younger guests will have, use active party games and trick-or-treat time as an opportunity for kids to get their daily dose of 60 minutes of physical activity. All of us at Georgetown TX Retirement Lifestyle Real Estate hope you enjoy a wonderful night of dress up fun.
Don’t forget to check out the “Boo Bash” on Oct. 28th from 5:30pm – 10:00pm at the Downtown Square located at103 W. 7th Street, Georgetown. Boo Bash is an annual party featuring a night of high spirits for kids and adults. For more information you can call the Downtown Georgetown Association at 512-868-8675. There will be:
- FREE kids activities from 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Trick or Treating at participating stores
- Disney characters on parade
- FREE babysitting at All Things Kids from 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Costumes welcome for kids and adults.
- Free costume dance at 8 p.m.
- Live music by Blue Diamonds.
Georgetown TX Real Estate
If you are looking to relocate to Georgetown and would like to search Georgetown Texas homes for sale, Learn about the Georgetown area or tour Georgetown Boomers and Beyond real estate, then be sure to contact me, Virginia Lazenby, your expert Georgetown TX Area Reatlor.
Until Next Time,