It is hard to believe the 4th of July for 2011 is already upon us! Here in the Georgetown, TX area, there are numerous locations to relax and partake in Independence Day festivities, going from early in the day until late in the evening, all ending with spectacular firework displays.
If you are moving to Georgetown, TX and will be able to enjoy your first 4th of July with us, then you will want to check out the list of local entertainment and firework shows I have listed below.
Georgetown Texas July 4th Events
There seems to be nothing that quite captures the magic of the 4th of July like a spectacular firework show, and Georgetown TX ranks at the top of my list for putting together amazing shows for all the Hill Country area communities and neighborhoods. If you are retiring to a Georgetown neighborhood, be sure to check out my Interactive Georgetown community area map, or feel free to contact me. I’m your expert Georgetown real estate agent to learn more.
Sun City TX “July 4th” Events
- Uncle Sam’s Birthday Party Celebration at 8:30 AM in the Veteran’s Memorial Plaza – sing-along and birthday cake
- Dress in red, white & blue and bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the annual Sun City 4th of July Parade starting with the Pooch Parade at 9:30AM, followed by the People Parade including marching groups, families, golf-carts, bikers and more.
- Grandchildren will enjoy the Kids’ Egg Toss at 11:00 – there’s sure to be lots of laughter.
4th of July Celebration Festival in San Gabriel Park
The Sertoma Club will host the 28th Annual 4th of July celebration festival in San Gabriel Park from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Entertainment will be provided for the entire family throughout the day and finish with a spectacular fireworks finale” starting around 9:30.
The festivities will begin at 11:00 a.m. over 80 arts and crafts booths, food vendors, and the Kid’s area will open as well. You will also enjoy the following:
- Musical entertainment, featuring some of the best local and central Texas talent, will begin at the Gazebo at 11:00 a.m. and continue all day.
- The Hometown Parade will begin at 12:00 noon in the park and children will have opportunities for games, activities, petting zoo, train rides and face painting in the Children’s Area.
- The Fabulous Fireworks Finale will begin at dark.
Georgetown Texas Retirement Lifestyle
Admission is free to the festival and is located at the San Gabriel Park, on the beautiful San Gabriel River in the heart of Georgetown. This Georgetown area event has grown into one of the largest family events in central Texas and attracts over 50,000 visitors annually and is one of the biggest events of the year. It offers plenty of room and beauty for the whole family to enjoy.
Entertainment in Georgetown TX Communities
Where will you be spending the 4th of July? If you are relocating to Georgetown TX and will be spending your first 4th of July with, please browse my interactive Georgetown TX retirement real estate area map to learn more about our area. If you need additional help or area information, feel free to contact me, Virnina Lazenby, your expert Georgetown real estate agent; I am here to help!
Have a very happy 4th of July!
Until next time,