Despite overnight torrential rains, more than seventy information-hungry Georgetown residents gathered for our February 20 Seniors Living Smarter Seminar exploring the topic — “How Much Freedom Do You Give Up With Independent Living?” To answer the question, we assembled an expert panel comprised of residents from three independent living communities:
- Bev Holland, downsized from Sun City to the Provident Crossings Retirement Resort
- Peg Kingsbury, moved from her home in Georgetown to The Delaney at Georgetown Village
- Ron Cowick, traded his single home in Sun City to The Wesleyan at Estrella
Over the next 90 minutes they shared personal experiences including what influenced their decision-making, adjustments they made, and highlights of their new lifestyles.
The 72 attendees were completely engaged – listening as a lot of their own reservations and concerns addressed. Our panelists, all long-term residents of Georgetown, have recently moved to independent living communities here and in Round Rock:
Each of the panelists praised their newfound freedom in their independent living lifestyles:
- Bev Holland, “Independent living gave us the freedom to do what we want to do. We are free to participate in whatever activities we want when we want.”
- Peg Kingsbury, “I don’t feel like I gave up any independence. I was happy to give up owning a house, because I gained a lot of freedom.”
- Ron Cowick, “Every morning, I’d wake up and figure out which home repairs and maintenance I had to do that day. Since we moved, I gave up all that and my wife has given up cooking and housekeeping.”
If you find the freedom of independent living appealing, let’s get together and discuss your options. I’ll be happy to present you with recommendations on what your present home may be worth. Also we can put together a comprehensive strategy for downsizing before you make the move, and also help you explore the range of independent living communities available here in the Georgetown market.
For more information, contact me, Virginia Lazenby, Texas REALTOR® and Certified Senior Downsizing Coach at 512-818-0988 direct or email: email@example.com.
SeniorsLivingSmarter.com is your real estate resource for planning to sell your house, purchasing, and settling into the community. We provide you with complete information about the Georgetown area, easy to use search tools, and exclusive content about neighborhoods and communities popular with retirees.
Call 512-862-7339 for more information or visit: https://www.seniorslivingsmarter.com/seminar to sign up for March and our entire line-up of seminars scheduled for 2020.