Williamson County Texas is an amazing place to live; claiming the northern part of the big city music and art scene in Austin, Williamson County is also home to Georgetown, TX retirement communities and the popular Sun City retirement real estate, located just moments north of Austin. Want to learn even more about the Williamson “State of the County”? Below you will see what makes Williamson County such an amazing place to live.
What Makes Williamson County Texas The Perfect Retirement Location
Located in the heart of Central Texas, Williamson County boasts a strong economic base, extensive parks and recreation areas, and rapidly growing health care including five new or expanded hospitals and the new Texas A&M Health Science Center. Round Rock claims the headquarters for Dell’s International Division. While Georgetown is home to the Texas Life-Sciences Collaboration Center a growing and vital resource for the recruitment of emerging bio-tech, nano-tech, and medical device companies and for the furtherance of scientific education in area public schools and universities.
Throughout the year are an amazing number of activities across Williamson County, from festivals and outdoor activities to music and theater venues. The county seat of Williamson County, Georgetown is known for its historic square, home to the Williamson County Courthouse. The opening of Texas State State Highways 130 and 45 (toll roads), the extensions of US 183A (toll road) and Parmer to Ronald Reagan, have made the route between Georgetown, Sun City and Austin even quicker.
“State of the County”: Highlights of Williamson County
- Williamson County is among the fastest growing in the nation, with five of the fastest growing cities in the country
- The transportation infrastructure of Williamson County continues to be expanded to accommodate the area’s growth and to ensure the safety of its residents and visitors
- Williamson County is among the safest places in the nation, with one of the lowest crime rates anywhere
- Georgetown, Round Rock, and Cedar Park have been listed among the best places to live, ride out the recession, launch a new business and retire in America
- Williamson County is the proud home of the Round Rock Express, Triple A affiliate of the American League Champion Texas Rangers and the home of owner and baseball legend Nolan Ryan
- Williamson County continues to provide active support of our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and their families through the Adopt-a-Unit Program
- Williamson County is widely known for its hospitality, good will, civic engagement, caring and support for neighbors in need, and for its exceptional quality of life
Retire To Georgetown in Williamson County TX
Ready to start your search for Georgetown retirement communities? Feel free to utlilize my FREE Georgetown TX real estate for sale search options to locate your perfect home. Need help or don’t have the time? Leave all the searching to me by telling me what kind of Georgetown homes for sale you are searching for and I will take care of the rest, simply use my personalized Georgetown Texas real estate watch.